Address Largo Arcid Teodoro Trinchera
- Ostuni, 20 km from Masseria Alchimia, is not to be missed when in Puglia.
- The ancient village is one of the most beautiful in all of Puglia, with baroque churches and stately homes surrounded by Aragonese walls. From the upper part, you can enjoy a panoramic view over the expanses of olive groves to the sea.
- The pedestrian street from Piazza Sant’ Oronzo is lined with souvenir shops, small boutiques and typical restaurants. I recommend a visit to Le Monacelle church and the Cathedral of Santa Maria dell’Assunzione. Nearby you will also find the former Carmelite Monastery, home to the Museum of Preclassical Civilisations of the Southern Murgia. Inside is a cast of Delia, a pregnant woman who lived 25,000 years ago. The Diocesan Museum is also worth a visit
- The centre is very lively in the summer months. For those who want to immerse themselves in the Italian spirit, we recommend spending a few nights in our penthouse apartment, Torretta Alchimia, very close to the cathedral.
- Regarding restaurants, I recommend the small and refined Osteria Piazzetta Cattedrale, the grotto of Osteria del Tempo perso or a delicious pizza.
- Finding a parking space is a real stroke of luck in high season. Therefore, I recommend parking at the Parcheggio Stella car park (€5 per day, always open, N40.73585 – E 17.57861) and walking up to the old town centre; alternatively, call a nice Ape Calessina taxi to take you on a sightseeing tour.